v1.06 A image
Welcome to EZView, A freeware
image viewer application which supports the bmp/dib, gif, tiff, exif, png, jpeg,
wmf, emf and ico image
I have seem numerous
image viewers but none of them provided exactly what I wanted. For such a simple requirement some of the
viewer programs I have used were overly complicated or had special requirements.
What I wanted was a nice
flexible program, small in size, unobtrusive and easy to use.
So with that in mind here is
a list of EZView features:
- The size of EZView.exe itself is
less than 150k meaning the program loads up quickly and impacts system performance
as little as possible.
- Slideshow support is provided
with every image in a directory being displayed one by one.
- The most common image formats
e.g. bmp, jpeg, tiff, png and gif are supported. Some programs try to support every
file format under the sun with support for formats which you are very
unlikely to meet in day to day use.
- Full - screen mode is provided
allowing you to preview the image without having other windows interfering.
- Simple zoom functionality is
zip file contains the EZView source code, precompiled binary and help
documentation. The program is designed for Windows Vista or later. The prebuilt Unicode release binary in the ReleaseU directory in the
download is dynamically linked to the VC 2015 MFC DLL. If you do not have
this installed then you can download it from
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53587. If you want to built the source code, then you must have VS 2010 or
later installed. A VS 2010 solution is included in the download.
- You are allowed to include the source code in
any product (commercial, shareware, freeware or otherwise) when your product
is released in binary form.
- You are allowed to modify the source code in
any way you want except you cannot modify the copyright details at the top
of each module.
- If you want to distribute source code with
your application, then you are only allowed to distribute versions released
by the author. This is to maintain a single distribution point for the
V1.01 (2 October 2000)
- New icon for the Open
Directories toolbar item.
- Added a Ctrl+B accelerator for
V1.02 (23 January 2002)
- Now uses GDI+ to perform the loading and rendering of
images. See installation requirements for changes this means. Moving to GDI+
also means that a number of new image file formats are supported.
- Fixed a crash which was occurring when do a slideshow of
a directory. Now uses an updated version of the Authors sorted array class.
- Fixed an assert which was occurring when a file was
- Application is now build with latest version of Visual
- Updated copyright messages.
V1.03 (27 June 2004)
- Now uses v1.29 of my DDXFolder class.
- Now uses v1.12 of my CHKLM class.
- Now uses v1.24 of my CHLinkCtrl class.
- Now includes XP manifest support.
- Slide show interval is now tweakable via a new
- Prompts to move to first or last picture in a directory
can now be controlled via the new "Options" dialog.
- Now includes full support for extended keyboard buttons
(e.g. Play Pause, Prev, Next etc). This is achieved thro handling of
- Now includes an option to hide the cursor when view is
- Background color for full screen mode is now
- Filename can now be displayed in full screen.
- Text color for full screen mode is now configurable.
- Confirmation on Deletion of files can now be
- Now supports moving to a random image in the current
15 September 2004
- Updated instructions on downloading gdiplus.dll into
EZView application directory.
- Version of gdiplus.dll which is available at
www.naughter.com/download/gdiplus.zip is the version released in September
2004 from MS which does not contain the GDI+ buffer overflow problem.
v1.04 (15 January 2017)
- Updated copyright details.
- Made EZView freeware instead of shareware. Now included in the zip file
download is the source code for EZView
- The binary included in the download is now compiled for x86 in Unicode
mode and was compiled with VS 2015.
- The source code has been updated to work with VS 2010 to VS 2015 and a
VS 2010 solution has been included in the download.
- Full screen mode now uses the monitor on which the app is currently
showing to go full screen rather than always using the primary monitor.
- Fixed bugs where the index of the image displayed would not get updated
correctly when in fullscreen mode
- The app now uses MFC Feature pack controls for the color pickers on the
Options property sheet
- The app now uses MFC Feature pack controls for selecting folders for the
Open Folder and Move and Copy functionality.
- Updated the CMyRecentFileList class which is used to display the file
and folder MRU list to use the latest VS 2015 MFC source code from
- The app now uses MFC feature pack classes for the menubar, toolbar &
- The slideshow timer now no longer fires if a message box is being
currently displayed by EZView.
- Fixed a bug where the window would not refresh itself it the code failed
to open a image when an existing image was already been shown.
- Fixed a bug where the html help would not be displayed when you selected
Help -> Help Index or F1 in the app.
- When the user is prompted to show the first or last message image a task
dialog is now shown which includes a don't ask again checkbox
- Added SAL annotations to all the code.
- A double click in the view now enters / exits full screen mode.
- Hitting escape when in full screen mode now exits full screen mode.
- The filename of the current image is now shown in full screen mode even
when the directory listing has not been retrieved.
v1.05 (21 March 2017)
- Updated the code to internally use GDI+ for loading and displaying
images. This change provides better looking scaled image drawing
characteristics compared to ATL::CImage::Draw which boils down to a
- Fixed a bug in the filename filter for ico files in the File Open dialog
- Verified the the code compiles cleanly on VC 2017
- Reworked the code to show the shell properties dialog for the loaded
image instead of a built in dialog in EZView.
- Fixed a number of unnecessary image redraws and flickering when in full
- Fixed redraw glitches when you resize the main window.
- The Best Fit setting is now persisted across application runs.
v1.06 (26 March 2017)
- Reworked the image loading code to not lock the file. This allows the
File -> Rename functionality to work again.