v1.03a An SDK to add GPS support to your Windows
- Can be used by any development
environment which supports calling Windows DLLs including VB, VBA, C, C++, Fortran and
- Fully supports the UNICODE
- Provides a control panel applet which is used to add, configure and
remove GPS receivers on the client's computer.
- Simple API which is similar to function calls in the Win32 SDK API,
meaning that it should be familiar to Windows developers.
- Full source code is provided to allow you to step into the GPSLIB
source code while debugging.
The enclosed zip file contains the
GPSLIB source code, demo programs and online documentation. You will need Visual C++
5 or later to build the DLLs, control panel applets and exes as this distribution does
not include any binary files. This is to help keep the download size to an absolute
For those developers who want to
use GPSLIB but do not have Visual C++ to hand to allow you to build the
binaries, this zip file contains
pre-built ASCII release versions to help you get started using GPSLIB right away
v1.0 (13 January 1998)
- Initial Release to the public.
V1.01 (20 January
- A number of problems were discovered when GPSLIB was being used in a
UNICODE build (i.e it didn't work <g>). These problems have now been fixed.
- Mak file now includes all the possible build options for all the
- Mak file no longer hard codes output to
"d:\winnt\system32". (This was due to the way I have my development system set
- Some of the other options in the mak file such as output directories
have been tidied up
- Now includes ASCII release binaries in distribution.
- Minor updates to the documentation.
V1.02 (26 August 1998)
- Small change to stdafx.h to include afxcview.h in gps32exe
- The GpsShowControlPanel function now actually works
- Minor tweaks to the GPS Mak files
- Removed a number of unused symbols
- Change ID of a number of GPS32EXE menu items to avoid conflict with
new VC 6 defines.
- Updated all Version Infos to 1.02
- Removed a level 4 warning from the Test app.
- Removed unused toolbar from GPS CPL file
- GPS cpl file now uses standard F2 accelerator for Rename
- GPS32EXE toolbar is now shown flat
- Number of extra TRACE statements have been added to aid in debugging.
V1.03 (13 June 1999)
- Fixed a problem with the calling convention of the
exported functions in the DLL. This was discovered when being called from
Visual Basic. Because of this change the dll you must link to now is called
- Now ships with a gps.bas file which allows you to start
using GPSLIB straight away.
- Also includes a small VB 6 project to test some of the
- Updated all copyrights and version info strings.
- Updated text in the about dialog for GPSLIB
16 June 1999
21 June 1999
- Extended VB sample which ships with GPSLIB.
- Updated gps.bas file which was previously causing a
crash when being used by VB.
27 September 2001
- Fixed a problem where the background serial port thread
caused heavy CPU utilization.
- Updated the project settings so that all binaries get
build to the Bin directory and all Lib files get created in a Lib directory
- Updated the version info's in all the binaries
- Updated the copyright message in the code modules
21 June 2001
- Please note that this SDK has been surplanted by the
new GPSCom library from the author. Please use
GPSCom instead of GPSLib in all new developments.
v1.03a (21 August 2002)
- Fixed a synchronisation problem between the worker
thread and the GpsGetPosition method. Thanks to Bill Oatman for
spotting this problem.