IconComboBox v1.02 A
collection of icon selection combo box classes
This is a set of freeware MFC combo box classes which allow an icon to be
choosen graphically. The classes are derived
from CComboBox and when used appears as follows:
The enclosed zip file contains the IconComboBox source code and a simple test program to exercise
- You are allowed to include the source code in
any product (commercial, shareware, freeware or otherwise) when your product
is released in binary form.
- You are allowed to modify the source code in
any way you want except you cannot modify the copyright details at the top
of each module.
- If you want to distribute source code with
your application, then you are only allowed to distribute versions released
by the author. This is to maintain a single distribution point for the
V1.0 (25th August 1998)
V1.01 (12th September 1998)
- Removed some files from the workspace which were not being used.
- Updated workspace to use folders.
- Added AddString, InsertString & DeleteString functions. These
functions ASSERT to ensure that the icon combo box operates correctly.
- Added DeleteIcon function. This should be called instead of
- Modified internal implementation of InsertIcon & AddIcon for both
- Tidied up some of the help documentation.
V1.02 (29 December 2016)
- Updated copyright details.
- Replaced all occurrences of NULL with nullptr throughout the codebase.
- Updated the code to clean compile on VC 2010 to VC 2015. The code now
requires VC 2010 at a minimum.
- Reworked the CSmallIconComboBox and CLargeIconComboBox classes to use a
new CIconComboBox base class which supports arbitrary sized icons.