PJSECURE v1.01 A DLL to provide the basis
for network copy registration (Obsolete)
PJSECURE is a simple C style dll which can be used as the basis for a network
copy registration for your products. The program is freeware, meaning you are free
to use it in anyway you like so long as you do not redistribute the source code
with your product.
The functions in pjsecure retrieves 2 pieces of information which can be used
to uniquely identify a computer. The first function retrieves the NIC address of
an installed network card. This 12 digit number is guaranteed unique by network
card manufacturers. The second function returns the serial number associated with
the "C" drive on your computer. With these 2 values you can build your
own registration mechanisms on top.
The enclosed zip file contains the PJSECURE
source code (as a VC 6 workspace) and a simple console based application which exercises
- You are allowed to include the source code in any product (commercial, shareware,
freeware or otherwise) when your product is released in binary form.
- You are allowed to modify the source code in any way you want except you
cannot modify the copyright details at the top of each module.
- If you want to distribute source code with your application, then you are
only allowed to distribute versions released by the author. This is to maintain
a single distribution point for the source code.
28 December 2016
- Please note that this code is now considered obsolete as it has not been
updated in a long time and from a security point of view it is better to simply
call the two API's of UuidCreateSequential and GetVolumeInformation which PJSECURE
provides instead of calling out to a DLL which could be replaced / redirected
by enterprising hackers.
v1.01 (28 May 2000)
- Now calls UuidCreateSequential instead of UuidCreate if we are running on
- Code is now Unicode compliant and build configurations are provided.
v1.0 (18 April 1998)