RedRatCom v1.11 A COM
Library for RedRat2/3 support
Welcome to RedRatCom, a simple COM based
library which can be used to support the
"RedRat2/3" Infra-red communications transmitter / receiver.
is a standard COM EXE developed in ATL in VC 2005 SP1.
enclosed zip file contains the RedRatCom source code, and
Unicode Release binary and a sample VB app to
test all the methods of the classes.
- Can be used by any development environment
which supports calling an out of process COM object.
- Can be used by early or late
bound clients i.e. COM development environments which do not use type
libraries such as ASP, VBScript and JScript are fully compatible with
- Allows connections to RedRat devices to be shared between
multiple clients i.e. multiple client processes can share the one connection
to the device's serial port !!.
- A COM collection is provided
to allow clients to enumerate existing connections which they can then
connect to. This allows VB clients for example to use the
"For Each" collection syntax.
- Alternatively, clients can
open up a new connection and specify that the connection is not to be made
- COM Connection points are provided in the library to allow
client apps to be notified in real time of incoming signals.
- You are allowed to include the source code in
any product (commercial, shareware, freeware or otherwise) when your product
is released in binary form.
- You are allowed to modify the source code in
any way you want except you cannot modify the copyright details at the top
of each module.
- If you want to distribute source code with
your application, then you are only allowed to distribute versions released
by the author. This is to maintain a single distribution point for the
V1.0 (1 January 2003)
V1.1 (10 January 2003)
- COM errors from the library now include english descriptions of the errors
13 March 2003
- Minor update to the documentation and the sample VB
V1.11 (24 January 2006)
- Updated documentation to use the same style as the web site.
- Code is now built and delivered using VC 2005 SP1.
- Now uses v1.21 of the author's CSerialPort class.
- Complete review of the code in light of use of ATL8.
- The IConnectionPointImplMT class which RedRatCom makes use of internally is
being made available as freeware.
26 January 2017
- Please note that I have not worked on this code in many years and is
considered obsolete. As mentioned on their web site at
http://www.redrat.co.uk/products/new-products/ Redrat will be dropping
support for their RedRat 3 device later this year.