RedRatCom v1.11 A COM Library for RedRat2/3
Welcome to RedRatCom, a simple COM based library which can be used to
support the "RedRat2/3" Infra-red communications
transmitter / receiver. RedRatCom is a standard COM EXE developed in ATL in
VC 2005 SP1.
The enclosed zip file contains the RedRatCom
source code, and Unicode Release binary and a sample VB app to test all the methods
of the classes.
- Can be used by any development environment which supports calling an out
of process COM object.
- Can be used by early or late bound clients i.e. COM development environments
which do not use type libraries such as ASP, VBScript and JScript are fully
compatible with RedRatCom.
- Allows connections to RedRat devices to be shared between multiple clients
i.e. multiple client processes can share the one connection to the device's
serial port !!.
- A COM collection is provided to allow clients to enumerate existing connections
which they can then connect to. This allows VB clients for example to use the "For
Each" collection syntax.
- Alternatively, clients can open up a new connection and specify that the
connection is not to be made sharable.
- COM Connection points are provided in the library to allow client apps to
be notified in real time of incoming signals.
- You are allowed to include the source code in any product (commercial, shareware,
freeware or otherwise) when your product is released in binary form.
- You are allowed to modify the source code in any way you want except you
cannot modify the copyright details at the top of each module.
- If you want to distribute source code with your application, then you are
only allowed to distribute versions released by the author. This is to maintain
a single distribution point for the source code.
26 January 2017
- Please note that I have not worked on this code in many years and is considered
obsolete. As mentioned on their web site at
Redrat will be dropping support for their RedRat 3 device later this year.
V1.11 (24 January 2006)
- Updated documentation to use the same style as the web site.
- Code is now built and delivered using VC 2005 SP1.
- Now uses v1.21 of the author's CSerialPort class.
- Complete review of the code in light of use of ATL8.
- The IConnectionPointImplMT class which RedRatCom makes use of internally
is being made available as freeware.
13 March 2003
- Minor update to the documentation and the sample VB program.
V1.1 (10 January 2003)
- COM errors from the library now include english descriptions of the errors
V1.0 (1 January 2003)