MFC PushPin property page dialog class
This class emulates the properties dialogs as seen in Microsoft
Developer Studio. They sport a push pin button in the top left hand corner which when
unpinned automatically closes the property dialog when the dialog loses focus. The MS
implementation seems to use custom draw controls which seems a shame when you lose all the
functionality provided by the MFC property sheet classes. The class of interest is
CPushPinFrame and is derived from CFrameWnd. It provides a look which is similar to the
modal MFC property sheets.
You will also need to download the CPushPinButton
class from my web site and copy in the pushpin.cpp and pushpin.h files from that archive.
The bitmaps CPushPin uses are already in the demo program supplied with CPushPinFrame.
When the property page is correctly setup it will look like:
The enclosed zip file
contains the source, resources, demo program and a text file describing how to use the
- You are allowed to include the source code in
any product (commercial, shareware, freeware or otherwise) when your product
is released in binary form.
- You are allowed to modify the source code in
any way you want except you cannot modify the copyright details at the top
of each module.
- If you want to distribute source code with
your application, then you are only allowed to distribute versions released
by the author. This is to maintain a single distribution point for the
16 April 1998
- window now only closes if the window which is going active
is owned by the same parent as the pushpin frame. To see why this is a problem hook up
help to a pushpinframe and watch the window being closed when help is brought up.
V1.1 (1 June 1999)
- Now supports changing the attached property sheet through the new
- Did a bit of a tidy up of the source code.
- Now includes a HTML file describing the class and its usage.
- Unicode enabled the code.
- Code now compiles cleanly at warning level 4.
- Sample app now also demonstrates the new ChangeAttachedPropertySheet
- Sample app has been tidied up.
V1.11 (2nd June 1999)
- Updated code to work with the new v1.12 release of
- Removed a number of unnecessary comments in the code.
- Renamed a number of project files and workspace files
to be more descriptive.
- Update a number of bugs / errors in this help file.
- Fixed a small clipping bug where the push pin was being
clipped by the edge of the property sheet
V1.2 (8 March 2001)
- Updated copyright information
- Updated the pushpin frame and pushpin classes to behave exactly like their counterparts in MS Developer Studio. Thanks to Abdulah DEDIC for doing all the hard work.
- Added support for tooltips just like MS Developer Studio.
V1.21 (27 August 2001)
- Now uses v1.21 of my PushPin class
26 January 2017
- Please note that I have not worked on this code in many years and is
considered obsolete. It also has a few UI glitches such as not being able to
handle stack tabs and horizontally scrolling property pages.